1. MONTH TO MONTH AGREEMENT TERM: This agreement shall be on a month to month basis with no minimum notice required for cancellation being provided by Subscriber to Contractor on line at http://www.CancelMyAlarm.com. No other forms of cancellation shall be accepted, including cancellation by phone, email or fax. Contractor shall process cancellation requests during regular business hours. There shall be no pro-rating of monthly fees on cancelled accounts.
2. 90 DAY REFUND TERMS: Subscriber has 90 days from time of initial order to cancel services online at http://www.CancelMyAlarm.com and return any provided equipment and supporting items to contractor under the following conditions to receive a refund: (a) If no alarm signals were received, including "general alarm signals" by the monitoring center. (b) Subscriber made a good faith effort to complete a DIY set-up with a free live over the phone technical support appointment. (c) Subscriber provided a fully functioning alarm system for monitoring. (d) Subscriber provided a working local communications connection to the alarm transmitter. (e) Subscriber has not received a insurance certificate from Contractor. (f) Subscriber accepts replacement insurance if requesting contractor to reuse their existing internet or cellular transmitter. If all these conditions are met, and all equipment is returned in like new condition within 30 days of cancellation, a full refund will be issued within 30 days upon request of Subscriber at http://www.AlarmRefund.com. If items (a) through (f) above are not met, the following deductions from the available refund may occur: (1) Central Station activation / set-up fees. (2) All Shipping fees. (3) A $35.00 per item equipment refurbishing and re-certification fee, plus 25% of the purchase or lease set-up fee per piece of equipment returned. (4) Non-prorated monthly fees for leased equipment until returned.(5) Fees for any Technical Support Provided.
3. CONTRACTOR NOT AN INSURER: Contractor is not an insurer and does not provide the Subscriber ANY insurance for property loss and or damages, personal injury or loss and therefore, subscriber is responsible for ANY and ALL insurance coverage for the premises or its contents. Any payments made by Subscriber under this contract are solely based on the value of the electronic protective system(s) and services as set forth in this agreement. Payments are unrelated to the Subscribers exposure, risk or value of the Subscriber's property or the property of others located on said property.
4. VALID AUTO PAYMENT SOURCE REQUIRED: Subscriber agrees to have all fees, including any future fees, regardless of type, automatically charged to a payment source placed on file by the Subscriber at the time of account setup or a minimum $199.00 security deposit shall be required to be held on account or any discounts or promotional rates received at the time of the initial order shall be reversed and become due, with a minimum rate increase of $10.00 per month.
5. PRE-PAID MONITORING REFUNDS: Should Subscriber cancel services prior to the completion of any pre-paid initial monitoring term, a refund of any pre-paid monitoring fees shall be refunded to Subscriber after the pre-paid term is recalculated on a month to month non-prorated rate for the entire ordered term through the actual cancellation date. Upon completion of the initial term of service, there shall be no refunds on any subsequent monitoring renewal terms.
6. AUTOMATIC SERVICE RENEWAL: Upon completion of the initial pre-paid service term ordered by subscriber, billing for services for the upcoming month will automatically be charged and continue on the month to month plan at contractors the prevailing rate for said plan, which shall be a minimum of $19.95 per month plus any optional or 3rd party services. The Subscriber shall receive a copy of a sales receipt or invoice for renewal a minimum of 30 days prior to the intended renewal date sent to their provided email address. At that time, subscriber may at their option request to pre-pay for reduced rates online at http:www.RenewMyAlarm.com or request immediate cancellation of services online at http:///www.CancelMyAlarm.com.
7. ORDERED SERVICES: (a) If monitoring of existing alarm services are ordered by Subscriber, Contractor shall assist the Subscriber with over the phone support to cause Subscribers alarm system to be monitored using Standard telephone line, VoIP line, I.P. Connection, GSM or Cellular Transmitter, depending on Subscriber specific selection of services on the order form. Subscriber is aware that alarm monitoring set-up will require their participation, such as assisting with panel reprogramming, installation or replacement of any equipment provided by Contractor, including any digital diverters, I.P. Devices, GSM or Cellular transmitters. (b) If a replacement system is ordered by Subscriber, Contractor shall provide programming of said system ready for do-it-yourself Subscriber installation. (c) If optional complete on-site system Installation is ordered by Subscriber, installation start shall take place within 30 days of equipment order and will be done during regular business hours on regular business days. If installation is requested outside those times, additional fees may apply. If Subscriber cancels professional on-site installation of any product or for any reason what so ever, other than Contractor’s inability to start the system within 30 days of initial order, there shall be no refunds.
8. SIGNAL ROUTING: If Subscriber uses any phone line transmission method, Subscriber acknowledges that their alarm system will be connected to a single POTS line service. If phone line is not a POTS line, then it must be of a high quality VoIP, Cable or Digital service. If VoIP services are not used, alternative signal routing is available from Contractor for an additional fee. Subscriber herein acknowledges that depending on their choice of signal routing, they will provide back-up power for all supporting equipment, including any routers , phone equipment, internet transmitters or cell transmitters to ensure temporary operation through any short term power failure.
9. PHONE LINE INTERFERENCE: Subscriber is aware that if the system uses Subscriber's POTS or VoIP phone lines to transmit signals to a central monitoring station by dialing over said phone line. Blocking, Restricting, Suspension, Disconnection or interference, degradation of quality, loss of bandwidth, or any routing services may cause loss of signaling ability without notice to the central monitoring station. Optional signal routing and phone line protection is available at an additional cost from Contractor under separate Agreement.
10. VoIP SERVICES: Subscriber is aware that sending alarm signals over a VoIP, Digital or Cable phone line does not guarantee that the signal will be constantly or successfully transmitted to the monitoring center based on the quality of their service provider. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that the Subscriber use an I.P., GSM or Cellular transmitter which is available from Contractor at an additional fee.
11. SHIPPING / HANDLING FEES: To expedite the conversion process, a Digital Diverter may automatically be shipped to the Subscribers alarm premises upon order placement to be used for an alternative method of alarm signal routing if downloading or panel programming is unsuccessful. A fully refundable shipping and handling fee shall be charged for this device should the conversion process not require the digital diverter and it is either refused or returned within 30 days of initial order. Any other optional, replacement or custom ordered equipment will be charged separate non-refundable shipping and handling fees; however If possible, combining of items to reduce shipping costs will be permitted.
12. DOWNLOADING LIMITATIONS: Subscriber is aware that conversion of their existing alarm system, if so ordered, may require downloading of their alarm panel, and is restricted to insertion of a telephone number and account number allowing the panel to report alarm conditions into the monitoring center. Should any additional downloading be requested, including but not limited to zone changes, delay adjustments or any other adjustments, an additional downloading fee may apply.
13. EXCLUDED / EXCESS SIGNALS: Subscriber aware that basic monitoring services provided under this agreement are limited to a single partition within area 00 and area 01 and do not include monitoring of any automatic or supervisory signals, including but not limited to 3rd party services, opening, closing or automatic test signals. Transmission of these types of signals or receipt of any excessive standard signals of any type, (More than 15 signals per calendar month sampled over a 90-day period.) or from partitions outside area 00 and area 01 but are available for an additional fee. Discovery of any of these non-basic signals may cause Contractor to access additional monthly fees to Subscriber account. Contractor also has the right to back charge the consumer for up to 36 months if any of these services are discovered after any billing cycle that failed to contain them.
14. WALK TESTING: Subscriber agrees to fully ‘walk test’ their alarm system within 72 hours after conversion to send in any and all alarm zone signals for protected area identification and reprocessing. Subscriber is aware that any signals that are not received by Contractor or its monitoring center may not be responded to in the future as they are considered non valid signals and auto logged by the monitoring center.
15. LEASED EQUIPMENT: Regardless of what services or equipment is ordered by Subscriber from Contractor, including any new system, replacement equipment, detection sensors, optional equipment, digital diverters, I.P. Devices, GSM, Radio, Cellular transmitters or any other devices sent to Subscriber for the purpose of this agreement are considered fully leased equipment from Contractor, regardless of any initial or set-up fees that may be charged and will always remain Contractors property to be returned to Contractor within 30 days of service cancellation or a non-refundable retail fee will be charged. Upon return of any leased equipment in good working order, a fee of $35.00 per individual Leased Item, shall be charged for required equipment inspection, testing, re-certification and minor re-furbishing for future use. Contractor may at its option, bill the Subscriber at the time of cancellation submission for the required refurbishing fees, with the right to charge any additional fees, if the Leased equipment is not returned within the 30-day window. Contractor has the right to bill for any missing or damaged leased equipment or refurbishing fees for up to 365 days, after the Subscriber’s 30-day return window has closed. (Exclusions: Any piece of equipment sold outright to the Subscriber, as evidenced with the terms stating “purchase” on the Subscribers invoice, shall allow that equipment to be excluded from this provision, unless it had a minimum monitoring term as a condition to the “purchase” of the equipment, that was not met by the Subscriber, regardless of reason why.
16. SECURITY DEPOSIT: (a) If a security deposit is required on a newly ordered product, said deposit shall not be considered the full retail value of the item, but a partial value only. (b) Upon cancellation of services, Subscriber will be immediately charged a refundable equipment deposit equal to the full retail value for any of Contractors equipment still in their possession, less any possible previous deposits received when originally ordered. (c) Subscriber is then to properly disconnect, remove and provide for return of any of Contractors equipment within 30 days of cancellation request, using a delivery with signature required and a tracking number. (d) Upon return of the equipment, the Subscriber can request a refund of any possible security deposit, online at www.AlarmRefund.com and within 30 days of said refund request, any retained security deposits, less the cost of any equipment repair, refurbishing, repackaging or re-certification required, will be returned to the Subscriber. (e) Any refund must be made to the original payment source, therefore, If the Subscribers original payment source cannot be refunded for any reason, the Subscriber will accept a payment via refund check, less 5% processing fee to be refunded within 90 days of the failed refund attempt.
17. SIGNAL ROUTING FEES: Subscriber aware that additional or separate fees will be charged for any optional equipment selected for routing signals by I.P., GSM, Cellular or Radio. These 3rd party routing fees to be prepaid with Subscribers selected monitoring plan. Any listed monitoring rate offered does not include these fees and shall be prepaid in advance with any monitoring rate selected.
18. MAINTENANCE: Regardless if any components are leased to Subscriber from Contractor, this agreement excludes any maintenance what so ever. However, if so offered to Subscriber, said maintenance is at additional costs and Subscriber agrees to any said maintenance to be at standard service rates separate from this agreement for both parts and labor. Failure of Subscriber to obtain service repair on any portion of their system does not excuse Subscriber from the terms and obligations of this agreement.
19. DELAY IN SERVICE: Contractor does not guarantee system to be monitored or repaired on any specific date or time and therefore assumes no liability for delay in the installation, set-up or repairs of said system. Once system has been activated, serviced, altered or repaired, monitoring of the system may not be in effect for up to 5 business days from that point.
20. SERVICE CANCELLATION: As this is a life safety service, Subscriber hereby agrees to a specific cancellation procedure that requires on line cancellation at http://www.CancelMyAlarm.com. No other forms of cancellation shall be accepted, including cancellation by phone, email or fax. Contractor shall process cancellation requests during regular business hours. There shall be no pro-rating of monthly fees on cancelled accounts.
21. 30 DAY COMPLETION: Pre-paid service fees are automatically charged upon initial order placement and shall begin to apply immediately, regardless of when monitoring services actually begin. It is the Subscribers responsibility to verify completion of system monitoring and to notify Contractor if service has not been started within 30 days of initial order placement or any monitoring service fees charged to Subscriber would be considered valid and due, regardless if services were actually provided or not. In addition, a separate security deposit may be charged to Subscriber payment source for each piece of equipment that Contractor sent to Subscriber for the intended purpose of providing said services. This security deposit shall be refunded once services have begun or upon return of said equipment.
22. HOLD HARMLESS: Subscriber will not hold Contractor, its agents and or assigns, liable for any loss, injury or damages Subscriber may have sustained due to a malfunction of the system or dispatching errors, regardless of the cause of such errors. Contractor assumes no liability for interruption of performance of said system regardless of cause and makes no guarantee or warranty including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness, against the type of intruder(s) or emergency that the system(s) or monitoring was intended to detect.
23. LIABILITY LIMITS: Subscriber agrees that in the event that a loss has occurred based on failure of performance of its obligations under this agreement, and therefore is determined to be the responsibility of Contractor, its agents, employees, or any third parties to this agreement, subscriber agrees to limit damages to no more than twelve (12) times the monthly charges on said account, or two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00), whichever is greater. This amount is to be considered by the parties to this agreement as fair compensation in the form of liquidated damages.
24. DAILY SYSTEM TESTING: Subscriber is aware that Contractor has no physical control of the electronic protective system(s) or their mode of transmission, and acknowledges that it is the Subscribers sole responsibility to verify proper operation of the system(s) by testing the complete system(s) daily. Subscriber is aware that any automatic test signals generated by their system(s) ARE NOT monitored by the central station unless contracted for under a separate agreement. Subscriber initiated system testing shall include, but is not limited to; walk testing all equipment, verifying proper operation and testing all signals into the alarm monitoring center and immediately reporting to contractor any claimed inadequacy in, or failure of, the electronic protective system(s). If the inadequacy or failure reported is not responded to the satisfaction of the Subscriber, then Subscriber will notify Contractor IN WRITING, SENT BY CERTIFIED LETTER, RETURN RECEIPT, TO THE CONTRACTOR WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN SUBSCRIBERS FULL AND COMPLETE WAIVER OF ANY DEFENSES IT MAY HAVE AS A RESULT.
25. GOVERNMENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Subscriber agrees and understands that it is their responsibility to comply with any governmental restrictions, permits, conditions or regulations covering this system and agrees to either pay a deposit in advance, or reimburse Contractor for any payments on behalf of Subscriber for any fees, assessments and or fines, as determined in accordance with those applicable governmental restrictions, permits, conditions or regulations, regardless of cause of such fines.
26. FUTURE SERVICES: Any future service or alterations provided to Subscriber by any party shall be considered an addition to this agreement and shall be incorporated into this document, and shall be subject to the same terms and conditions as fully set forth here.
27. PHONE FEES: Subscriber responsible for any phone related charges, including any fees charged to Contractor for alarm calls through a pay phone, or the cost of installation of any telephone interface or filter needed.
28. CALL LOGGING: Subscriber consents to all communications to or from Contractor or central monitoring station being recorded.
29. AGENT AUTHORITY: Subscriber authorizes any employee, resident or emergency subscriber full authority to issue instructions in regards to operation, installation, or service of the system unless specified otherwise in writing. In addition, Subscriber is aware that access to their account is available online and can be altered or updated by any person with knowledge of their account number and password. Subscriber shall change their passwords frequently to maintain security and in the event any of their password(s) are compromised, they shall immediately change their account password(s).
30. PAYMENTS REQUIRED: Subscriber is obligated to payments herein agreed to for all monitoring services, regardless if their system is not connected, completed, operational, abandoned, or just not being used. In the event Subscriber opens a new account and has an outstanding balance on either an active or inactive account, any payments received on the new account will first be applied towards the existing outstanding account balances first. The new account will show what account(s) the provided payments were actually applied. The new account will then be invoiced for any fees due after distribution of the funds, which must be paid prior to the new account being activated. However, if the subscriber included a valid payment source with the new account order, the subscriber hereby agrees that contractor may at its option draw funds from it to be used to make any additional payments due. Subscriber explicitly agrees that in the event any payments are applied to an outstanding balance, they fully approve of this action and will not perform any dispute with their bank or credit card provider due to this policy. Should an attempt to collect payments fail on any payment source provided by the Subscriber, a $25.00 re-billing fee per failed charge apply, plus a $10.00 per month late fee, as well as having a $10.00 per month rate increase for each month requiring direct invoicing/ billing. If any inquiry, charge back, closed account or NSF is received on either a credit card or checking account / eft payment, regardless of reason, a minimum $50.00 fee per occurrence will be charged to Subscriber in addition to the re-billing of the original charges, plus late fees.